Monday, July 20, 2009

Dungeons & Dragons Tactics,..PsP









Picked this one up used at a GameStop. I was digg'in the straticRPG vibe of Jeanne D'Arc.
So far so good. I used to play the real D&D a looong time ago so the rules are not too unfamiliar, though if you haven't, you may be in for a steep learning curve!
I have only just begun and already a gripe would be that it is too linear, though that may change as I get into the story. I generally like being able to 'free play' to level up my characters at my leisure before plowing ahead into the next content/chapter.

For a cheesly little screen they manage to do a good job with the lighting, which plays a part in being able to see and hit things. Gives you more a sense of exploration and danger around dark corners instead of 'seeing' everything laid out before you at the get go.

It's a bit harsh at the early levels but nothing to make you toss your Psp across the room.

No comments: